Thursday, July 22, 2010

post by Jeannie

Blog update Blog update!!!
Today is Thursday, July 22, 2010. Mutual Fun and crew arrived in Little Current, Ontario on Wednesday. I cannot tell you how nice it was and still is to be connected to the rest of the world!! We are slipped at the town docks, along with Bill and Evelyn of Inua. Little current is a nice little town with all the amenities one would need. Wednesday was laundry day, and then afterwords Randy and I took our computers to the Anchor Inn and logged on and ate dinner! It is so amazing how much we all get so used to being on the computer, and when you can’t be you have withdrawals (or that is the way it seems). As you all know the cell phones are on roaming so Jeannie is learning how to not grab the phone when she misses her family and friends. I think our 1st Cell Phone bill will be an eye opener! Today, Bill, Randy and I went to the grocery store, and to the LCBO for wine and liquor. We have come to the conclusion that Canada probably does not have a lot of winos or alcoholics that reside here, because the prices and the taxes to purchase, are very expensive! Hopefully we bought enough to see us through until we arrive back in the states. This afternoon, Evelyn and I walked the town and shopped a little. Most items are too expensive, so we just looked for the most part. I was thinking about all the money I spent on “the essentials” so I took the conservative approach! Today was also another laundry day because Randy failed to give me all of his dirty clothes the previous day! I am sorry I am telling family secrets. We have really had an awesome time thus far. The harbors we have traveled to are so beautiful, that anyone who does not believe there is a God, should come to the north channel!! Friday we will venture back out, to new sights. The conclusion of the Macatoulin is here in Little Current on Saturday, so we will be moving on. Neither Randy or myself have allowed to let each other cut their hair, so you can imagine that we now look like we belong in the hair bear bunch!! Oh well we don’t need to impress anyone! I can’t believe I haven’t worn makeup for almost 4 weeks! Yikes, I would never have done that when I was still working! Okay, so I guess I need to sign off until the next time. Thanks to all of you who are following us and for everyone’s comments. We love reading them when we can!! I imagine the guys would rather hear from Randy next time, so I will give him equal time! The sailing vessel, Mutual Fun

6 comments:

  1. Not at all Donna and I enjoy hearing your side of how things are Especially Donna because like you this is a new idea for her. So itis amazing how something are really not as important in the scope of life like makeup hair even a big washer dryer

    Dave and DOnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't begin to say how proud I am of you Jeannie...you sound so relaxed and enjoying your adventure!! Love reading your updates...yes a woman's point of view is much needed!! :) Love you and look forward to reading more!! Lots of Hugs~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics of Buster he sure gets around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love reading about your adventure and the beauty you are experiencing. It must be amazing and breathtaking. Enjoy every moment. Be safe.
    Kathy and Greg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Randy & Jeannie,
    Merrie here. Been reading blog from new to old. Sounds like you having awesome time!! Love pics of Buster, he sure gets around for such a heavy hound. Our heavy Harley had a little surgery today to remove a growth from his lip. He's doin good though, but walked funny for a while! (Like a true sailor)Doug and I are on vacay next week - time for us to unwind. Talk to you soon, LOL Miss the both of you - Doug and Merrie Reamsma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you guys, Kathy of MI Retreat, So glad to hear all is well and you guys are having a great time. We all miss you here on White Lake. We are adjusting ok to not seeing you guys once and a while across the Lake. Love reading about your adventures keep them coming. Sorry to hear you guys haven't tried to cut each others hair yet. Terri does ask how your doing and I know she hooked you up with the proper items to do just that. Good Luck with that! Love you guys and we think of you often.

    ReplyDelete