Saturday, August 14, 2010

We are in the US!

Presque Isle was a nice place to shower, do a little bit of laundry, and go to the store that sells a little bit of everything! We enjoyed some ice cream also. Sunday the 8th we left and anchored in the harbor for the night. It was beautiful. The water was the clearest we had ever witnessed! Oh yes on Sunday,the 8th we were able to check in to customs. The very nice man came to our boat that morning and asked a few questions,looked at our pass ports and left! Less than 10 minutes! I have to also mention that our grand son's birthday was8/8/10 also, turning 6 years old! The stops we made along the way were: Harrisville, where we fueled up and anchored in the harbor. We then went on to Harbor Beach, again anchoring in the harbor. We stayed only 1 night as we were right next to a power plant and it was very very LOUD. The next stop was Lexington, which was a very nice, but very shallow harbor! We swam the 1st day and it was so warm! The 2nd day they relayed to us that they did not like us there in the harbor. Randy said we will move, but then the marina employee said the harbormaster said we were fine! After 2 days there we proceeded to St Clair River and went under the Blue Water bridge.
The scenery was great! Homes on the river that were obviously in the millions! It was so good to see real scenery for a change instead of miles of open water. We ended up anchoring in a small little cove, on Lake St Clair. We had 15kts of east wind all night, and I don't think Randy and I slept much at all, as the anchor alarm kept going off.
Okay, now we are here slipped in Jefferson Beach Marina for the next 8 days. This place is huge!! They even have valet parking! Randy and I walked a few miles to a marine store, then on their recommendation we had lunch at Waves and watched the Tigers play. We have close friends, Bill & Cathi who are picking us up on Sunday and taking us home! Randy and I have had a really cool time on this part of our venture. We had a long talk about whether I want to continue on or not. I really do want to do all that we had planned. I am so close to our youngest daughter and her son, that it caught up to me on the trip. I was not always able to get a phone signal, and if we did it was roaming. ($$) Not very many WiFi connections either. So I now know that I must think more positively, and realize they are okay without me always being there to reach out and touch! Our daughter is pregnant and now I hand my job over to her mother in law, also named Jeannie. She is in good, loving hands. When i look back over the last 7 weeks, I do believe I have accomplished some things I never knew I could do! Oh but I did have to color my hair 1 time and Randy helped me. Now the next step when we get home are haircuts!! I don't even think I will wear make up the week we are home! So until we start out again on the 23rd, we will post again. Thanks for following S/V Mutual Fun.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Grandma & Grandpa!! It is awesome to have more than one grandbabie!!! And I'm sure Jay will be excited as well! I am soooooo proud of you Jeannie!!! Your decision to continue...all that you have learned...etc. You belong with your Hubby and believe it or not...I have learned being away from my kids & grandbabies (especially since being in TX) the time spent visiting & talking on phones, emails, etc., It brings you even closer and so much more apprecitative of each other and your time spent is all "Quality" time!! I love both of you & miss you both so much!! Hugs~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. missed you guys at the marina I am glad you guys are having fun.

    ReplyDelete