Friday, June 11, 2010

Buying and Sorting of supplies

This last week we had our oldest daughter from St Augustine come up and stay with us and with her younger sister. She leaves this Sunday for back home. It has been a great time with both kids and lots of laughs to be had. Les had helped mom sort out our cupboards here at home in all the stuff we had stored away. Oh to show how we are a pack rat we had soup from 1994. Les said ah dad I think it is bad. lol

Our local Meijer has had sales on can goods for 10 for $10 so we have been stocking up on fruit and a few other supplies. Our breakfast room is where a lot of the stuff is stored as it is out of the way but yet visible. We have already packed quite a few things away on the boat but were doing it in phases. One of the things that we have learned from other friends is to make a detailed log of where everything is, and they mean everything. I thought oh I can remember were certain things are. Naa I have already spent time wondering where certain things are as I knew we have it on board. Some where!

There is still teak in our garage that is not put back on the boat as I had all winter to stain it and re varnished, but you think I would have had it done. Nope, been doing it the last few weeks as it is now ready to be put back onto the boat. The last week also has been filled with many appointment's that were trying to get in at the last minute also.

2 comments:

  1. keep posting I am living through you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it all put together! Sue

    ReplyDelete